This recipe can make about 100 – 150 gram of lotion
Beeswax – 32 gram (1/4 cup)
Coconut Oil – 60ml (1/4 cup)
Grapeseed Oil – 100ml (1/2 cup)
Mango Butter – 2 tablespoons
A choice of your essential oil – 20 to 30 drops
- Melt your beeswax and mango butter into a double boiler
- Pour in coconut oil and grapeseed oil after the beeswax and mango butter are melted
- Once all the ingredients are melted, mix well and let the mixture starts to cool slightly
- Then add in your essential oils (20 – 30 drops)
- To thicken the lotion, you may place it in your fridge for 5 – 8 mins
- Once cooled, the cream will get firm and you can store them into your container
It is very common to have dry skin in our humid country, but that’s not because it lacks of grease or oil, that’s because our skin are failing it’s ability to retain moist and water.
By applying 100% natural skin lotion without any chemicals, it will not strip off our nature oils, prevent moisture from escaping and keep our skin smooth. It is recommended to apply 2 – 3 times a day to restore from dryness.
Benefits of using these ingredients
Mango butter is similar to some of the other more popular butters used in natural products, such as shea butter and cocoa butter but its fatty acid profile is different and it contains higher concentrations of nutrients.
This healing ingredient contains great amounts of vitamins A and C. Vitamin C is amazing for:
– healing and regenerating your skin
– helps to boost the skin, brightening it
While the Vitamin A:
– helps to increase the skin’s youthful appearance, reducing fine lines.
Mango butter is a rich moisturizer, it is very soothing and healing. Due to it’s rich texture, the skin doesn’t soak it up right away, allowing the butter to serve as an extra protective barrier on the surface of your skin to allow them to hydrate and heal.
Coconut oil by nature is a refined product, because oil does not grow on a tree. The oil is extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It is made up of saturated fats with a high amount of medium chain fatty acids, with a good percentage of the fatty acid being lauric acid and contains vitamin E, which is known:
– Protect the skin from free radical damage
– Condition and soothes skin as it absorbs quickly which leaves silky smooth skin
– Cleanses and tones skin all in one
Grapeseed oil comes from the pressed seeds of grapes. It’s known for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. These properties, along with the high amounts of omega chain fatty acids and vitamin E contained in grapeseed oil are beneficial for:
– Treating acne outbreaks
– Makes skin softer and more elastic
– Evens out skin tone
Beeswax can create a protective layer on the skin. It’s also a humectant, which means that it attracts water. Both of these qualities can help the skin stay hydrated. Beeswax is also a natural exfoliator, ideal for sloughing away dead skin cells.
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is very popular for it’s calming effects on the mind. It can help deal with mental fatigue, depression and anxiety. It can also soothe and heal from flaky skin and wounds.
Other common questions
You can always feel free to replace the ingredients with other natural ingredients. For eg.
– Replace mango butter with Cocoa Butter or Shea Butter
– Replace Coconut/ Grapeseed Oil with Sweet almond oil, Jojoba etc
– Replace Lavender essential oil with other essential oil of your choice